Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Humbling moment







I got back out on the mission and it was a struggle to get back into mission mode but I eventually did. I really had a great time serving the people in Texas. I met so many wonderful people and I now have a place in my hart for Texas.
So I wanted to share with you the experience I had on the decision to come home cause to me it was a very spiritual moment, very hard, but spiritual. I was starting to have headaches again, they started out not so bad but continued to get worse. I tried to do different things to relive the pain, I talked to president about them and I told him I am not giving up yet and he gave me a funny look and said fine sister Jones but you have to promise me that if they get worse you will call me? OK I will pres. A few days latter BAM! they hit hard. Made me dizzy and nauseous. I thought O crap! now I have to call president and I feared he would send me home. I discussed this with my dear companion Sister Sorensen and she told me I needed to pray about it, yes people I needed some coxing, I also had to make a decision before taking it to the Lord and that is hard. So I went and knelt by my bad and prayed. I told him what was going on and I paused, took a deep breath, and told him I had made the decision to go home and get the help I needed. I begin to to sob and continued to pour out my feelings on how I felt like a failure because I would not be completing the full 18 months etc. Just then I had a warm feeling come over me and a voice in my head telling me that "everything will be OK". I also fasted and prayed about this the next day to and I just continued to feel more at peace with my decision. So I knew what I needed to do next was call president and tell him. When I finely got the nerve to do so he said sister Jones this is your decision then? I said yes. He said"If it helps at all I prayed about it to and I got the same answer I just needed you to know it for yourself". Very smart man!
After some thought I asked president if he wouldn't mind me staying one more week and go home with the sisters I came out with and he thought that would be great if I thought I could keep going that long and I said I could. It was so comforting to get the chance to come home with those sisters and have a proper booting out of the mission.
I will never regret serving my mission and I know the lord knows I did all I could. Thank you all for your prayers, love, and support.







No comments: